- STILL WATERS RUN DEEP - Cambridge Dictionary | English . . .
still waters run deep definition: said about a person who says little, but who might in fact know a lot Learn more
- STILL WATERS RUN DEEP | definition in the Cambridge . . .
still waters run deep meaning: said about a person who says little, but who might in fact know a lot Learn more
- Still waters run deep definition and meaning | Collins . . .
still waters run deep said to mean that someone who seems to be unemotional or who is hard to get to know is in fact interesting and complex He's extremely shy and withdrawn, though it may be that still waters run very deep
- Still Waters Run Deep - Dictionary by Merriam-Webster . . .
Still waters run deep definition is - —used to say that people who are quiet or shy are often very intelligent and interesting
- Definition of still waters run deep | Dictionary. com
A quiet person may be very profound, as in Susie rarely says much, but still waters run deep The physical observation in this term dates from ancient times, but it has been used figuratively since about 1400
- Still waters run deep - Idioms by The Free Dictionary
still waters run ˈdeep (saying) a person who seems to be quiet or shy may surprise you by knowing a lot or having deep feelings: I know he seems very quiet and content with his life, but still waters run deep, you know
- Definition of still waters run deep in English: - lexico. com
‘They say still waters run deep, which means a quiet guy has lots on his mind ’ ‘No, not exactly - though, they say still waters run deep ’ ‘He's an example of the saying ‘still waters run deep’ ’ ‘‘The phrase ‘still waters run deep’ characterizes him,’ says the president of Spelman College ’
- still waters run deep (phrase) definition and synonyms . . .
This is the British English definition of still waters run deep View American English definition of still waters run deep Change your default dictionary to American English a friendship that is all about making the person professing friendship look good, especially on social media
- still waters run deep synonym | English synonyms . . .
Search still waters run deep and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso You can complete the list of synonyms of still waters run deep given by the English Thesaurus dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster
- Run deep definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Run deep definition: if a feeling or a problem runs deep , it is very serious or strong , often because it has | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples